The long wait for the next Genshin Impact update is finally over – Genshin Impact 2.8, Summer Fantasia, is almost here to bring the summer season to Teyvat.
We’re going to see a banner full of important reruns, including Kazuha, Klee, Yoimiya, and more. The Golden Apple Archipelago will also be back just in time for the good weather.
Seems to be the formula for a relaxing yet fun time in Genshin Impact’s upcoming update. Before it arrives, join us as we count down to Genshin Impact 2.8 release time with all the latest update news.
Genshin Impact 2.8 Release Time and Date
Genshin Impact 2.8 will go live July 13, 2022at 11am server time (Chinese Standard Time).
This breaks down into the following posting times:
- July 12, 2022, 8:00 p.m. PST
- July 12, 2022, 11 p.m. EST
- July 12, 2022, 04:00 GMT
Genshin Impact 2.8 Final Countdown
READ MORE: Preload Genshin Impact 2.8 NOW!
Server downtime and maintenance schedule
Genshin Impact 2.8 Maintenance Starts At 6 am server time on July 13, 2022.
Server maintenance is estimated to take around five hours, with players being compensated 300 Primogems for the downtime.
Genshin Impact 2.8 Banners
Genshin Impact 2.8 banners will break down into two phases, each with their own new things to look forward to.
The first phase will feature two replays of 5-star characters.
- leaves in the wind will feature Kazuha – a 5 star Anemo sword character.
- Sparkling Steps will feature the replay of Klee – a 5 star Pyro Catalyst character.
Both banners will share the following 4-star characters:
- Heizou – 4-Star Anemo, Catalyst User
- Ningguang – 4 Star Geo, Catalyst User
- Thoma – 4-Star Pyro, Polearm User
The first weapon banner will feature a catalyst and an arc, both reruns.
Lost Prayer of the Holy Windsa 5 Star Catalyst, is an interesting weapon for DPS and Sub-DPS characters
Sworn freedom is the second 5-star weapon in the banner, a powerful sword for characters that creates elemental reactions.
These 4-star weapons complete the range of weapon banners:
- Lance Favonius – Polearm
- The Widsith – Catalyst
- Rainslasher – Claymore
- Alley Flash – Sword
- Mitternacht Waltz – Bow
For the second phase of Genshin Impact 2.8, we will only receive one replay, Yoimiya.
The second weapon banner will feature the
thunder pulse 5 Star Bow, Yoimiya’s signature weapon.
What else is new in Genshin Impact 2.8?
- Although we have already visited the Golden Apples archipelago once, we can expect a whole new area this time around.
- We will explore an abandoned castle and 4 new areas.
- There are no new artifacts in this new update.
These are the new events and replays coming in Genshin Impact 2.8
- Quest for two new stories:
- Kazuha Story Quest: Acer palmatum Chapter 1
- Hangout Series VII. Trap’Em by Storm (Heizou)
- Main Event: Summertime Odyssey
- The GAA has secret ties to some of our favorite characters, producing unique domains based on their host.
- Kazuha, Mona, Xinyan and Fischl are the characters with a domain.
- Fish will be the free character during this event by collecting Iridescent Flotsam
- reminiscent diet
- Players must protect a floating ship until it reaches its destination.
- Along the way, they must collect coins to recharge the flying ball’s energy, while battling the Hillichurls.
- Teams will sail on waveriders and board hoverboards to battle enemies.
- The challenges are time limited, the Anemo currents that take the boards will disappear after a few seconds.
- Players start from very high platforms. They must descend to the surface by working their way down.
- Platforms will be locked until all enemies are defeated
- Evermotion Mechanical Paint
- In this challenge, players have to solve puzzles of gears to repair mechanical paintings.
- Resonating Visions
- The event is the replay of the Exploration Challenge, in which players must collect Phantasmal Conch.
- By collecting conches, players will get Fischl’s new skin for free:
- Hidden conflict
- While visiting the Dawn Cellar, Paimon and the Traveler notice something from the past that could pose a threat to Mondstadt and the Cellar.
READ MORE: Genshin Impact Sumeru: Release date, locations, enemies, characters and latest news