MINNEAPOLIS (Valley News Live) — If you’re hoping to catch a Minnesota Twins game this summer, August might be the time to do it. The Twins are hosting 20 games at Target Field, which is the most home games in a single month in 45 years.
Tickets start at $9 for designated games, with additional daily ticket specials available for each game. The Twins also have 10 planned door giveaways and 11 themed parties.
Tickets for all 20 Twins home games in August are available for purchase through twinsbaseball.com, by calling 612-33-TWINS or 1-800-33-TWINS, or in person at the Target Field box office.
August Special Events
From Target Field’s first-ever postgame concert to two Hall of Fame celebrations; from community recognitions to a “Gaming Dugout” and the final month of Friday Fireworks Shows, August features a variety of special events at the ballpark.
• Cole Swindell Postgame Concert: Country superstar Cole Swindell will perform Target Field’s first-ever postgame concert, a full 75-minute set following the conclusion of the Twins vs. Blue Jays game on Thursday, August 4. Admission to the concert is free with a ticket for the 6:40 p.m. game that night.
• Welcome back from Cooperstown: Fans are invited to celebrate two members of the National Baseball Hall of Fame Class of 2022 – twin legends Jim Kaat and Tony Oliva – on Saturday August 6th.
• Twins Hall of Fame Weekend: The Twins and their fans will pay tribute to franchise icons Ron Gardenhire, Dan Gladden and the late Caesar Tovar during Twins Hall of Fame Weekend. Gardenhire will be inducted into the club’s Hall of Fame on Saturday August 20, followed by Gladden and Tovar on Sunday August 21.
• All are welcome at Target Field: In August, the club will celebrate Diversity Day (Monday, August 15 vs. KC) and Native American Heritage Night. (Tuesday August 16 vs. KC).
• Twins Gaming Dugout: The Twins are partnering with Wisdom Gaming to host the “Twins Gaming Dugout” at Town Ball Tavern from August 15-31 (13 games). Open to all fans with a ticket to the game of the day, from when the gates open until the end of the contest, this pop-up gaming lounge will include 10 stations featuring titles such as “MLB The Show 22″, ” Minecraft”, “Rocket League” and more.
• Friday Night Fireworks: The summer series of Friday Night Fireworks will culminate with shows after games on August 5 (vs TOR), August 19 (vs TEX) and August 26 (vs SF). ).
Copyright 2022 KVLY. All rights reserved.